You are excited to add flaxseed to your smoothies and start to freak out when you run out. The other day I even sprinkled a little ground flaxseed on my peanut butter toast and I was so excited that I found another way to get my flax in and it didn't even affect the taste. I felt like my grandmother!
LOVE IT! Okay, but I still don't know what flax seed is for. And how much of those little seeds do you need to get the benefit?
ReplyDelete@Anita...Lol! Flaxseed has quite a few benefits, mainly heart health. It also helps decrease inflammation, thus helping to decrease CRAMPS, which I need. Do a Google search on it. We usually put it in smoothies or in oatmeal and just use the amount suggested on the bottle which is usually around 4 tblspn.
ReplyDeleteDoes it ever go bad? Why do I ask? I have a bottle of those little brown seeds in my cabinet. Can't remember when I bought them, but I'll start adding to my oatmeal. I guess it can't hurt, right? (Famous last words???)
ReplyDeleteHey Anita, I notice you keep saying "little brown seeds" so I wanted to clarify that I use the cold milled ground flaxseed. I didn't want you to blame me if you put all these seeds in your oatmeal and it tastes horrible. Lol!!
ReplyDelete